Short Term Car Rental
SHIFT car rental has the widest range & latest model cars to offer customers who appreciate and expect world-class service. Offering everything from small and compact cars to luxury vehicles and family SUVs. SHIFT Car Rental fleet includes numerous models and brands with less than two years lifespan making this fleet amongst the newest and most well-kept of all suppliers in the UAE.
- Full comprehensive Insurance.
- Unlimited mileage for daily/weekly hire.
- 24/7 road-side assistance in case of breakdown/accident.
- Insurance excess as applicable to groups if CDW is not purchased
- Personal Accident Insurance (PAI). This can be purchased at a nominal cost
- Petrol surcharge if the vehicle is not returned with same level at the time of handover.
- Baby seats available (subject to availability)
- Including additional driver option is also available
General Terms and Conditions
- All rentals are calculated on a 24 hours basis.
- Vehicles are subject to availability.
- A service charge of AED 25/ per fine will be charged on accrued fines during the rental period.
- Salik fee of AED 5/- per transaction.
- VMD (Vehicle monitoring device) charges apply for all. The charge is Dhs. 4/- per day, Dhs. 25/- per week and Dhs. 60/- per month.
- The vehicle shall be self-driven.
- In case of any additional driver, such information must be provided to us before 48 Hours along with a copy of the driving license and a copy of identity.
- Mileage is unlimited for daily & weekly hire but is limited for monthly hire to 4,500 Kms per month. Excess Mileage will be charged @AED 0.4 per Km for saloon cars and @AED 0.5 for 4-wheel drive and other vehicles.
- 4x4 vehicle are not permitted to be driven off road. Failure to do so will result in damages being charged to the Renter.
- The Renter shall bear the fuel expenses during the rental period, however, if the vehicle is returned with less fuel than it was rented, then the Renter shall pay for the fuel consumed along with service charges.
- If the Renter is on a visit visa then he/she must have either an International Drivers Permit which must be accompanied by their home country license. If the Renter is on resident visa then he/she must have a UAE License.
- The age of the driver should be 24 years & above, and the driving license should be more than 6 months old. However, if the driver's age is between 21 and 24 years or the driving license is less then six month old, then in case of any accident / damage, there will be an additional 10% repair charges borne by the driver plus the insurance excess
- Prior permission should be obtained from Shift Car Rental in case the vehicle is to be driven to Oman and all the additional insurance coverage will be paid by the Renter.
- A valid credit card under the primary Renter’s name is required for any vehicle rental. At the time of rental, an authorization will be obtained on the Renter’s credit card based on estimated rental charges and insurance excess. The credit card must have sufficient credit to cover all charges related to the rental. Major credit cards accepted are Visa, MasterCard and American Express. We regret that debit cards are not accepted.
- The rental agreement encompassing all the details of terms and conditions shall be signed by the Renter while renting the vehicle.
- The rental rates mentioned in the website are liable to be changed without any notice.
- All the reservations are subject to prior confirmation from Shift Car Rental.